Brilliant Complete Stage Set For Spice Girls Reunion Tour
02 June 2019
It’s been a busy few months for Brilliant Stages as we’ve produced stages for several huge clients, including the likes of Take That and Hugh Jackman.
The latest project includes a stage set for The Spice Girls on their UK reunion tour which started in Ireland at the end of May and concluded in London last weekend.
We manufactured, integrated and delivered various pieces of staging for the tour from our manufacturing facility at Production Park, including:
- The 13m-diameter Globe (including the 16m diameter base)
- The 19m-diameter ‘Spice World’ LED Ring
- The 41m-diameter Passerelle that extended 34m into the audience
- 408 sq metres of scenically treated plywood deck cover
- The 30m wide, 11m deep Downstage Crescent (incorporating six of our type A electric Serapid lifts, two mining carts and an egress bridge with steps)
Toby Van-Hay, Project Director, commented: “This was a spectacular show to have worked on and is a credit to the whole production who pulled it together. It was great to be given the opportunity to produce a show of this scale along with some of the challenges it posed. The end result is visually brilliant.”
Bullet, Client Director at Brilliant has been out on the tour with the production team and he added: “I’ve been on the road with this show since rehearsals as part of the set crew, this way I was able to give direct support to our client throughout the tour. It was important to me that our client received the best possible service and this included the referral and management of the set crew. This has allowed me to first-hand see and experience the end result of our work at Brilliant and all the other vendors. It was a fantastic show with a great team.”