Job Opportunity: Mechanical Technician
02 March 2020
Brilliant Stages is a world leader in designing, producing and delivering advanced staging technologies and entertainment structures to live events around the globe.
From concert touring stages and complex motion systems to brand activations and awe-inspiring art installations, Brilliant can create the most demanding live events, seamlessly.
Founded in 1983, the multi-award winning team has built some of the most forward-thinking engineering products used in the live entertainment industry today.
Brilliant’s diverse range of clients include U2, Beyoncé & JAY-Z, The Rolling Stones, Cirque Du Soleil, Princess Cruises, Dubai Mall and The Olympic Games.
We are looking for a Mechanical Technician to work closely and form a key part of our project delivery team. You will work as part of an established team to ensure a professional, accurate and timely service to our clients and stakeholders. This role has primary responsibility for the service and preparation of Rental automation equipment, as well as maintaining automation control stock and service records.
Key Responsibilities will be as follows:
- Service and maintain rental equipment.
- Pick prepare and test rental equipment for projects and assist with the repair of the company’s rental stock.
- Prepare and configure elements of technical control systems prior to rental.
- Liaise with other departments to implement best practices and procedures.
- Track and record all asset inventory accurately and methodically using rental software and other office tools.
- Carry out LOLER (Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment inspections) as required.
- Assist weight testing of equipment.
- Monitor and maintain stock levels of consumables, and order specialist parts as required.
- Use Forklift equipment (following training) and load and unload trucks and stock as required.
- Process Rental goods both in and out of the Warehouse and pack equipment prior to shipping.
- Receiving, logging, defaulting and storing rental equipment on return.
- Ensure records and systems are kept up to date.
- Maintain technical knowledge through training and mentorship.
- Contribute to team effort through effective communication.
- Attend Health and Safety meetings and provide updates to the Warehouse team as required.
- Maintain as safe, clean and tidy environment throughout all working areas of the Warehouse.
- Actively follow all company employment, fire & health and safety policies
- Maintain sound housekeeping standards and always represent the company in a positive manner
- Any other ad-hoc duties as may be required
** The role involves an element of manual handling of bulky and heavy technical and staging equipment**
- Position – Full-time – 40 hours per week
- Salary – Dependant upon experience
- Location – South Kirkby, Wakefield
- 22 days’ holiday + Bank Holidays
- Life Assurance
- Profit Share Scheme
- Employee Lunches Provided
- Regular Social Events
- Monthly Reward Scheme
- Voluntary Health Cash Plan
- Free Car Parking
- Staff Development And Training Opportunities
Please find more information on the role, here.
For further details or to apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 13th March 2020.