Job Opportunity: Associate Project Manager
19 February 2020
Brilliant Stages is a world leader in designing, producing and delivering advanced staging technologies and entertainment structures to live events around the globe.
From concert touring stages and complex motion systems to brand activations and awe-inspiring art installations, Brilliant can create the most demanding live events, seamlessly.
Founded in 1983, the multi-award winning team has built some of the most forward-thinking engineering products used in the live entertainment industry today.
Brilliant’s diverse range of clients include U2, Beyoncé & JAY-Z, The Rolling Stones, Cirque Du Soleil, Princess Cruises, Dubai Mall and The Olympic Games.
We are looking for an Associate Project Manager to join our busy Projects Team delivering projects on behalf of Brilliant Stages. You will have the responsibility for the management of smaller projects and assisting Project Managers/Senior Project Manager in the delivery of larger projects.
You will work directly with Clients as a Brilliant Stages representative and ensure regular communication using email, face to face or telephone promoting strong professional and business content at all times. The successful candidate will undertake project administration and information on-boarding is carried out for the project including; project scope, project schedule, cost file, and cost code tracker.
You will support the facilitation and update of project resource plans, and ensure the agreed project management methods, standards and processes are maintained throughout the project lifecycle.
Key Responsibilities will be as follows:
- To assist with the delivery of projects as assigned by the Head of Projects.
- To be a representative of Brilliant Stages and communicator to the client, with emails and face to face or telephone conversations promoting and upholding strong professional and business content at all times.
- Ensure all project administration and information on-boarding is carried out for the project including; project scope, project schedule, cost file, and cost code tracker.
- Work closely with the Project Manager to be responsible for management of costs on project, ensuring procurement of parts is done with due diligence – ensuring parts meet engineering criteria and cost file cost.
- Work with Project Managers to review and upload cost code trackers to be submitted weekly to Senior Project Managers. ➢ Work with Project Manager to ensure project scope and schedule to be updated daily.
- Assist with planning and managing of onsite staff, to include plant, certified staff as required, complete daily task reports and return to the Head of Projects and Operations Director at completion of every shift.
- Assist in the collating of information for project closure, project ‘wash up’ meeting is undertaken, or statement is produced- including final financial summary, any reported issues, comments and notes.
- As directed by the Head of Projects or Senior Project Manager, assist Project Managers on other current ad-hoc projects.
- Support the project management team in the co-ordination, planning and management of large agile projects.
- Assist the project manager in the production and maintenance of project resource plans and budgets.
- Ensure the agreed project management methods, standards and processes are maintained throughout the project lifecycle.
- Assist the Projects team in the application of project procedures, disciplines, recording and reporting.
- Adaptable to work on multiple projects at any one time, keep good and accurate note taking is required to ensure all work can be communicated and is traceable.
Key Competencies Include:
- Administration and organisation skills.
- Knowledge of specialist tools and techniques for the management and coordination of projects.
- Knowledge of the best practices for project management and business research.
- Excellent organisational skills and keen attention to detail.
- Good information gathering, storage and publication.
- Good IT skills, proficiency in Microsoft Excel is required.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with a wide range of audiences, in both oral and written contexts.
- Be comfortable giving and receiving constructive feedback.
- Excellent time keeping.
- To hold a clean driving license.
- Understanding of Live Events.
- Position – Full-time
- Salary – Dependant upon experience
- Location – South Kirkby, Wakefield
- 22 days’ holiday + Bank Holidays
- Life Assurance
- Profit Share Scheme
- Employee Lunches Provided
- Regular Social Events
- Monthly Reward Scheme
- Voluntary Health Cash Plan
- Free Car Parking
- Staff Development And Training Opportunities
For further details or to apply please send your CV to email@example.com by 3rd March 2020.