Job Advertisement: Caretaker
03 February 2020
Brilliant Stages is a world leader in designing, producing and delivering advanced staging technologies and entertainment structures to live events around the globe.
From concert touring stages and complex motion systems to brand activations and awe-inspiring art installations, Brilliant can create the most demanding live events, seamlessly.
Founded in 1983, the multi-award winning team has built some of the most forward-thinking engineering products used in the live entertainment industry today.
Brilliant’s diverse range of clients include U2, Beyoncé & JAY-Z, The Rolling Stones, Cirque Du Soleil, Princess Cruises, Dubai Mall and The Olympic Games.
We are looking for a Caretaker to work within the Brilliant Stages Buildings. The successful candidate will ensure that the buildings are operated on a day to day basis to operational standards required and in compliance with all Health and Safety Legislation.
You will be visible and responsive, ensuring all routine/planned maintenance tasks are scheduled for completion including repairs and improvements, and monitoring and operating engineering and security systems. The role will suit an individual who has a positive attitude, a flexible approach and is able to work under their own initiative. The successful candidate will ideally have experience in basic maintenance skills including carpentry, plumbing and general maintenance.
Flexibility for working hours will be required to operate and maintain appropriate site security systems, including supporting the facilities team with opening and closing the building at the beginning and end of the company day. Occasional driving duties will be required.
Key Responsibilities will be as follows:
- To work effectively as part of the operations team to carry out an allocation of jobs within the Brilliant Stages buildings ensuring work is carried our efficiently and safely.
- To be visible and responsive, undertaking assigned tasks and supporting team members, reporting/dealing with any issues that range require attention.
- Monitor and operate the engineering system (i.e. heating, water etc.) and advise management of any faults in order to ensure the most economical use of fuel and water.
- Monitor, operate and maintain appropriate building security systems, including opening and closing the building at the beginning and end of the company day.
- To ensure that all routine/planned maintenance and building related tasks are scheduled for completion, ensure issues are addressed, including effecting repairs and improvements in order to fulfil the company’s specific responsibilities.
- Maintain Health and Safety standards, reporting any failures to comply with the company’s statutory obligations in this area and report any issues to the Operations Director.
- Organise relocation/removal of office furniture and occasional cleaning duties (including the moving of furniture).
- To support the Health and Safety induction of contractors to site and ensure proper procedures are carried out for Asbestos, Hot Works and Legionella.
- Ensure staff and third-party compliance with HASAW/COSHH regulations and support the testing of fire alarms in accordance with the fire policy.
- To participate in emergency planning and training, to play an active part in any emergency procedures and support the team to support any such occurrences, for example snow procedures/extreme weather (flooding)
- This role may require weekend and some evening/shift work to be undertaken on an occasional basis.
- Carry out your duties with due regard to current and future Company policies, procedures and relevant legislation.
- To undertake ad-hoc driving duties when required.
Skills required for this role will be as follows:
- Ability to work in an environment of constant change and pressure where an amount of personal decision-making and judgement is required.
- Excellent communication skills including verbal communication skills in order to liaise with stakeholders and staff members.
- Ability to work with a wide range of people/clients.
- Ability to keep problems in perspective and be patient.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation and relevant COSHH regulations.
- A willingness to undertake further development/training as appropriate.
- Knowledge and experience of a trade e.g. carpentry, electrics, plumber.
- Willing to work flexibly within scope of overall hours.
- To hold a full clean UK Driving Licence.
- Actively follow all company employment, fire & health and safety policies
- Maintain sound housekeeping standards and always represent the company in a positive manner
- Working knowledge or understanding of relevant policies and codes of practice
- Any other ad-hoc duties as may be required
- Position – Full-time
- Salary – £8.40 per hour
- Location – South Kirkby, Wakefield
- Hours – 40 hours per week 08:30am to 17:30pm
- 22 days’ holiday + Bank Holidays
- Life Assurance
- Profit Share Scheme
- Employee Lunches Provided
- Regular Social Events
- Monthly Reward Scheme
- Voluntary Health Cash Plan
- Free Car Parking
- Staff Development And Training Opportunities
For further details or to apply please send your CV to email@example.com by Friday 14th February 2020.