Job Advertisement: Buyer
27 January 2020
Brilliant Stages is a world leader in designing, producing and delivering advanced staging technologies and entertainment structures to live events around the globe.
From concert touring stages and complex motion systems to brand activations and awe-inspiring art installations, Brilliant can create the most demanding live events, seamlessly.
Founded in 1983, the multi-award winning team has built some of the most forward-thinking engineering products used in the live entertainment industry today.
Brilliant’s diverse range of clients include U2, Beyoncé & JAY-Z, The Rolling Stones, Cirque Du Soleil, Princess Cruises, Dubai Mall and The Olympic Games.
This role will report directly to the Operations Director you will be responsible for negotiating with suppliers and selecting and purchasing quality products for Brilliant Stages.
Your responsibilities will include processing purchase orders, negotiating with suppliers, tracking orders, creating and maintaining inventory, quality assurance and liaising with inventory teams and management. The Buyer will work with staff across departments to forecast the needs of the business and make purchases based on demand.
Key Responsibilities will be as follows:
- Research, select and purchase quality products and materials
- Build relationships with suppliers and negotiate with them for the best pricing
- Work closely with Project Manager/Finance to ensure purchases are within project budget plan.
- Process requisitions and update management on status of orders
- Update inventory and ensure that stock levels are kept at appropriate levels
- Arrange transport of goods and track orders to ensure timely delivery
- Analyse market trends and apply this knowledge to make insightful buying decisions
- Coordinate with the Stores/Rental team, management and warehouse as required
- Assess the quality of stock received and report any damaged products
- Keep all tracking systems updated and ensure sales team are updated on a regular basis on order progress.
Skills, qualifications and attributes required for this role will be as follows:
- Flexible and excellent organisational skills
- Analytically minded with excellent negotiating skills
- Budget management experience
- Excellent IT Skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Quick and adaptable to work within tight deadlines
- Actively follow all company employment, fire & health and safety policies
- Maintain sound housekeeping standards and always represent the company in a positive manner
- Any other ad-hoc duties as may be required
- Position- Full-time
- Salary – Dependent on experience
- Location – South Kirkby
- Hours - 40 hours per week 08:30am to 17:30pm
- 22 days’ holiday + Bank Holidays
- Life Assurance
- Profit Share Scheme
- Employee Lunches Provided
- Regular Social Events
- Monthly Reward Scheme
- Voluntary Health Cash Plan
For further details or to apply please send your CV to email@example.com by Friday 5th February 2020.