Job Advertisement: Stores Assistant
13 January 2020
Brilliant Stages is a world leader in designing, producing and delivering advanced staging technologies and entertainment structures to live events around the globe.
From concert touring stages and complex motion systems to brand activations and awe-inspiring art installations, Brilliant can create the most demanding live events, seamlessly.
Founded in 1983, the multi-award winning team has built some of the most forward-thinking engineering products used in the live entertainment industry today.
Brilliant’s diverse range of clients include U2, Beyoncé & JAY-Z, The Rolling Stones, Cirque Du Soleil, Princess Cruises, Dubai Mall and The Olympic Games.
The role of the Stores & Batching department is to ensure the smooth flow of deliveries, raw material, parts, fixings & assemblies throughout the site as required. Ensuring all deliveries are processed, checked & booked in full. This requires order picking to pre-prepared picking lists for our manufacturing & integration areas, and ensuring a clean, safe & organised workspace at all times.
Key Responsibilities will be as follows:
Goods In & Parts Shop
- Receiving of all goods in deliveries, checking & electronically booking in & transferring to the relevant areas of the business
- Regular stock checks of raw material and placing of the relevant order requests with the procurement department
- Replenishment of high use material racking
- Prepping specials & low usage material for the machines
- Managing the flow of parts around the workshop
- Receiving & reconciliation of parts from Goods In, Parts Shop & CNC Routers, electronically booking in & batching to pre-prepared pick lists for both fabrication and assembly
- Delivery of WIP to fabrication bays and other departments
- Stock control and tracking of work in progress after machining
- Ensuring loose assembly parts are delivered into powder coating plant where necessary
- Collection of all powder coated assemblies & parts for batching
- Tool storage and control (all none personal issued tools signed in/out)
- Chasing outstanding parts and ensuring planned work is “pulled” through to the manufacturing departments
- Reclaim of all unused parts & fixings for sorting and storage or disposal
- General housekeeping responsibilities
- Maintaining a high level of Health & Safety at all times
- Ongoing support of the wider department and site when required
- Actively follow all company employment, fire & health and safety policies
- Maintain sound housekeeping standards and always represent the company in a positive manner
- Any other ad-hoc duties as may be required
- Position- Full-time
- Rotational Shift Work: 06:00 - 14:00/09:30 - 17:30 (Monday to Friday) 22:00 - 06:00 (Monday to Thursday) with 1 x 30-minute paid lunch break
- Shift pattern is three weekly; one week on each shift (including one week of nights)
- Salary: + 10% shift allowance
- Location – South Kirkby
- 22 days’ holiday + Bank Holidays
- Life Assurance
- Profit Share Scheme
- Employee Lunches Provided
- Regular Social Events
- Monthly Reward Scheme
- Voluntary Health Cash Plan
For further details or to apply please send your CV to email@example.com by Friday 5th February 2020.