Job Opportunity: Estimator
16 December 2019
The primary role of the Estimator is to assist the organisation with various estimating tasks, ranging from an entire project down to an individual part. You will provide accurate historical cost data and reports to the organisation to help plan resourcing for projects, evaluate future elements and predict final project outcomes.
Brilliant Stages is a world leader in designing, producing and delivering advanced staging technologies and entertainment structures to live events around the globe.
From concert touring stages and complex motion systems to brand activations and awe-inspiring art installations, Brilliant can create the most demanding live events, seamlessly.
Founded in 1983, the multi-award winning team has built some of the most forward-thinking engineering products used in the live entertainment industry today.
Brilliant’s diverse range of clients include U2, Beyoncé & JAY-Z, The Rolling Stones, Cirque Du Soleil, Princess Cruises, Dubai Mall and The Olympic Games.
Key responsibilities will be as follows:
- Responsible for estimation of projects and management of sales plans for Brilliant Stages. Collaborate effectively and efficiently with all members of the Estimating team.
- Lead the preparation of realistic estimates to support development and the management of projects.
- Gain buy in from all disciplines that they can deliver against the prepared budget.
- Work closely as part of the wider Sales team taking a calm and supportive approach to meet multiple deadlines.
- Interface closely with Project Management, Project Design, Asset Design, Finance and Production Control on estimates, production estimates, etc.
- Build a database of past project costs and forecasting tools to inform future bids.
- Support other project tasks as assigned, for example Cost to Complete (CTC) data control.
- Engage Fabrication, Machine and Integration teams in the estimating process when applicable.
- Engage with Machine/Integration teams to help evaluate progress and review patterns and trends of various elements during production.
- Ability to produce reliable estimates depending on the requirement and the time available.
- Adaptability and flexibility collating and presenting data dependent on bid requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience.
- At least four years work experience (Estimator role) in controls, construction, estimation, bidding or proposal building.
- Strong proficiency with numbers and mathematics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced and detail-oriented environment
- Excellent experience in the Microsoft Office Suite of products including Excel
- Actively follow all company employment, fire & health and safety policies
- Maintain sound housekeeping standards and always represent the company in a positive manner
- Any other ad-hoc duties as may be required
- Position- Full-time
- Salary – Dependent on experience
- Location – South Kirkby
- Hours – 40-hour week 08:30 to 17:30
- 22 days’ holiday + Bank Holidays
- Life Assurance
- Profit Share Scheme
- Employee Lunches Provided
- Regular Social Events
- Monthly Reward Scheme
- Voluntary Health Cash Plan
For further details or to apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 13th March 2020.